Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks since my surgery and I almost feel like I'm back to normal. I can control any headaches with regular Tylenol and my only challenge is continuing to lay low when I feel so good. The doctor says no housework for a month and I'm committed to respecting that restriction. I still have trouble focusing on long term projects, but I'm not sure if it's from the surgery itself or from a lack of motivation. I've read it's not unusual to feel a little blue as the recovery seems to stall, so I try to keep that in mind.  I can look forward to the holiday season and do some on line shopping early. I can complete crossword puzzles. I can read, although the novels I used to choose can't seem to hold my attention like before, but I try anyway. My head doesn't feel totally normal yet, sort of like things are working up there. When I get tired, it's as if I took some Nyquil, slightly detached and loopy. My husband let me take a ten minute walk by myself today. Not too far and I took my cell phone. I'm beginning to understand why the elderly hate to give up their freedom. I'm basically optimistic about my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment